By John Arthorne
"I had a question approximately how one can use a brand new Eclipse 3.0 characteristic, activity scheduling, so i assumed i'd test this publication. I instantly came across the reply with a concise rationalization. Cool!"
Official Eclipse 3.0 FAQs is the handy resource for solutions in your most vital questions on writing Eclipse plug-ins. no matter if you are growing easy extensions for private use or advertisement Eclipse-based functions, you can find hundreds and hundreds of concise strategies here--including many who usually are not replied anyplace else.
John Arthorne and Chris Laffra have labored with Eclipse know-how because the very starting; either are energetic participants of the Eclipse improvement group and regularly solution questions about Eclipse newsgroups and mailing lists. the following, they conceal a rare diversity of issues, from workspace administration to documentation, SWT to JFace, JDT to common language help. Many FAQs contain code samples and references to different info, making the booklet a useful table reference for someone operating with Eclipse.
Just some of the 350+ questions replied here...
- How do I improve Eclipse? Page 29
- What is new in Eclipse 3.0? Page 34
- How am i able to upload my perspectives and activities to an latest point of view? Page 187
- How do I manage a Java venture to percentage in a repository? Page 58
- How do I claim my very own extension aspect? Page 74
- How do I demonstrate an online web page in SWT? Page 141
- How do I help a number of normal languages in my plug-in messages? Page 253
- How do I keep settings for a conversation or wizard? Page 166
- How do I supply syntax coloring in an editor? Page 269
- How do I hook into international activities, reminiscent of reproduction and Delete? Page 225
- How do I create a wealthy consumer program? Page 241
- What is the aim of actions? Page 229
- How do I create and look at an AST? Page 369
Read or Download Official Eclipse 3.0 FAQs PDF
Best java books
The net framework Ruby on Rails for constructing database dependent net purposes presents a Model-View-Controller framework. the mandatory internet server WEBrick is integrated with Ruby on Rails. The framework is configured with the MySQL database by means of default, yet will be configured with one other database.
The booklet covers constructing internet purposes with Ruby on Rails. applied sciences mentioned contain Ajax, listing providers, and net providers. A comparability is made with personal home page, the main widely used scripting language for constructing net purposes.
The content material and prone on hand on the internet remain accessed in most cases via direct human keep an eye on. yet this can be altering. more and more, clients depend upon computerized brokers that keep them effort and time via programmatically retrieving content material, appearing advanced interactions, and aggregating information from varied assets.
Teaches you ways to advance Java courses, from begin to end, for connecting to databases utilizing Java's new database connectivity surroundings, JDBC. Tells easy methods to simply set up drivers for many databases. includes a part on programming ODBC Java courses, together with a powerful ODBC buyer template for constructing your individual purposes.
Because the definitive connection with the Java 1. 1. 2 model category libraries, this publication is a vital source for either newbie and skilled Java programmers. This quantity presents accomplished reference documentation for the improvement of applets, person interfaces, and Java beans. The applications lined in quantity 2 are: java applet, java awt snapshot, java awt, java awt peer, java awt information move, java beans, java awt occasion.
Additional info for Official Eclipse 3.0 FAQs
See Also: FAQ 313 What is a launch configuration? FAQ 73 What causes my plug-in to build but not to load in a runtime workbench? Here is a typical scenario for a new user: You are writing a plug-in that extends plug-in XYZ. classpath file. SomeClass. Do not start looking in the Plug-ins and Fragments tab in the launch configuration for the runtime workbench. That tab influences only which plug-ins are used for your runtime workbench and whether they are loaded from the workspace or from the Eclipse install directory.
3. Choose a name for your schema. This file name is private to you, so you can choose any name you like. Check the box to edit the schema. Click Finish to launch the PDE Schema Editor to edit the schema. 4. Click New Element; in the properties view, change the name to the extension element you want your clients to fill in. 5. Add a new attribute to this element, and call it id. Change the value of Use to Required. In the Properties view, click the Clone this attribute button in the local toolbar.
Classpath file. classpath file every time your plug-ins dependencies change. xml file. classpath file by hand or to make changes directly to the Java Build Path property page for plug-in projects. Any changes you make there will be silently overwritten the next time you save the Manifest Editor. See Also: FAQ 71 Why doesnt my plug-in build correctly? FAQ 104 What is the classpath of a plug-in? Chapter 4. Plug-In Development Environment 51 52 Chapter 4. Plug-In Development Environment FAQ 78 What is a PDE JUnit test?