By James Goodwill
What is that this ebook about?
The Apache software program Foundation's Jakarta Struts continues to be the preferred Java framework for construction enterprise-level net functions. within the first ebook to hide the large new positive aspects of the ultimate liberate of Struts 1.1, the authors current the technical and conceptual info you must layout, construct, and installation refined Struts 1.1 applications.
What does this publication cover?
This ebook covers every thing you must learn about Struts and its assisting applied sciences, together with JSPs, servlets, internet purposes, the Jakarta-Tomcat JSP/servlet box, and lots more and plenty extra. listed below are quite a few of the issues you will find during this book:
- The Jakarta Struts version 2 structure and its helping components
- How to start with Struts and construct your individual components
- How to paintings with the Commons Validator, ActionForms, and DynaActionForms
- Techniques for customizing the Controlle
- Ways to maximise your presentation pages with Tiles
- How to internationalize your Struts applications
- Tips for handling error and debugging Struts applications
Who is that this booklet for?
This booklet is for Java builders who are looking to construct refined, enterprise-level net functions utilizing the ultimate construction free up of Struts 1.1.
Read Online or Download Professional Jakarta Struts PDF
Best java books
The internet framework Ruby on Rails for constructing database established internet purposes presents a Model-View-Controller framework. the necessary net server WEBrick is integrated with Ruby on Rails. The framework is configured with the MySQL database through default, yet might be configured with one other database.
The publication covers constructing internet purposes with Ruby on Rails. applied sciences mentioned contain Ajax, listing providers, and net prone. A comparability is made with personal home page, the main established scripting language for constructing net purposes.
The content material and companies to be had on the net stay accessed as a rule via direct human keep an eye on. yet this is often altering. more and more, clients depend upon automatic brokers that shop them effort and time by means of programmatically retrieving content material, acting complicated interactions, and aggregating facts from diversified resources.
Teaches you ways to increase Java courses, from begin to end, for connecting to databases utilizing Java's new database connectivity atmosphere, JDBC. Tells how you can simply set up drivers for many databases. includes a part on programming ODBC Java courses, together with a strong ODBC patron template for constructing your personal purposes.
Because the definitive connection with the Java 1. 1. 2 model type libraries, this publication is a necessary source for either newbie and skilled Java programmers. This quantity offers entire reference documentation for the advance of applets, consumer interfaces, and Java beans. The applications coated in quantity 2 are: java applet, java awt snapshot, java awt, java awt peer, java awt facts move, java beans, java awt occasion.
Extra resources for Professional Jakarta Struts
4 JSTL Design Principles This chapter concludes with a discussion of some fundamental JSTL design principles. To make the best use of JSTL, you should understand those design principles; they apply to many, if not all, of the JSTL actions. amount}'/>
3. For other platforms, such as Mac OSX, check to see if a Java 2 implementation is preinstalled. 2 APIs. 2 (or later). See "Tomcat " on page 26 and "Resin" on page 28, for more information about those servlet containers. Finally, of course, you need a JSTL implementation. Some servlet containers, such as Resin, already offer their own JSTL implementations, but as this book went to press, those implementations were immature. To test this book's examples, I recommend you use the JSTL Reference Implementation, which is discussed in "The JSTL Reference Implementation" on page 24.